Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey & Ratatoulli
3 cloves garlic
1 red onion
2 cups baby bells – diced.
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow squash
1 can of Italian style diced tomatoes
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp fresh thyme
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. fresh basil
1 pack ground turkey (or meat of choice)
4 bell peppers (for stuffing)
1. Pour olive oil in a large pot, over medium-high heat. Sauté ground turkey, garlic and onions briefly, till aromatic. Add mushrooms and cook down until softened and brown.
2. Add bell pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, and tomatoes to mixture and reduce to simmer. When the vegetables are softened, season with salt and red pepper flakes. Stir, so the vegetables are well mixed and ground turkey is nice and browned and cooked through.
3. When the vegetables and meat are cooked through, incorporate thyme, parsley, and basil, then remove from the heat.
4. Cut the tops of your 4 stuffing peppers and boil until tender.
5. Once tender, take out and place in cold water to cool.
6. once cooled, line the bottoms of the peppers with shredded mozzarella cheese then top with the cooked ground turkey ratatouille. add a little more cheese to the tops. Bake the boat at 400˚F / 200˚C for 15 minutes or until the boat has softened and the tops are starting to brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!