Oven Baked Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 can sweetened corn
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomato, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 10 Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- Toppings such as Old El Paso sliced Jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, or any of your favorite taco toppings!
So I made my “mexican shredded chicken” that I make a lot for other recipes. I make it in my crock pot. so basically I add 2-3 chicken breasts, depending on the size and who is eating. then I add 1 can of corn, 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans, 1/2 cup onion, 1 can diced tomato, 1 can green chiles, 1 packet taco seasoning and 3 cups of chicken broth all to the crock pot. cook until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken breast from crock pot and shred. Once all shredded, place back in crock pot and let the chicken soak up the juice. Then making sure to use a slotted spoon, scoop a heaping scoop into the stand and stuff tacos, making sure all the juice has drained off the scoop so your taco shell doesn’t get soggy. Once all your shells are stuffed, top with your shredded cheese. I added tons of cheese. I stacked all the tacos in a deep casserole dish. Bake on 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Be sure to #mydearhartblogcreations to your dish!
I would love to see them 🙂