Lasagna Roll Ups [pinterest inspired}
- 1 lb Ground beef, Lean
- 1 1/2 tsp Basil, dried
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 4 tbsp Parsley, fresh
- 1 (15 oz) can Tomatoes
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 (16 oz) can Tomato sauce
- 1 Lasagna noodles
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan reggiano
- 16 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Water
- In a large sauce pan on medium heat start browning your meat.
- On medium heat in a separate pan with the Tbsp of olive oil start to cook the onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, and basil for about 6-8 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add this to the meat mixture, along with the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, black pepper, and 2 tbsp of the fresh parsley. Allow to simmer uncovered for 1 hour. – I simmered for about 35 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and begin cook the lasagna noodles for 8-10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a small mixing bowl combine remaining parsley, ricotta cheese, egg, ½ tsp salt and mix well.
- Heat oven to 375. Pour some meat sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- To make the roll ups place a noodle onto a flat surface and spread with the cheese mixture. Then sprinkle a little parmesan reggiano cheese on the cheese mixture.
- Then roll them up!
- Once you have all of the lasagna roll ups lined into the dish, cover each with a little more of the meat mixture. Top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and then cover the dish with foil. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Be sure to #mydearhartblogcreations to your dish!
I would love to see them 🙂