Buttttt….we did just have a nice little night get away for our anniversary! 5 years we have been married 🙂 but have known each other for almost 13! We went to the Omni for the night and got a massage – which was soooo incredible. god I am relaxed just thinking about it. Then we basically drank tons of wine and ate tons of nachos and dessert after that hahaha. room service style.
(me on Saturday night)
So of course we started Making A Murderer like the rest of society & after finishing it we have become obsessed with documentaries and are watching them like crazy, one every night after the girls go to bed. Its like our little nightly routine. “Our movie time”- We watched Fed Up- super good! About the food in America today and basically about how disgusting and unhealthy it is. lol. And after that we watched Super Size Me which I never saw when it came out. That one was interesting too! And to be honest we have been weirdly into all the porn or prostitution documentaries. Hot Girls Wanted, After Porn Ends, & Tricked is what we have seen so far. They are actually very interesting! Are you judging us? don’t. and just watch them.
We took the girls to Pirate Park this a couple weekends ago and walked the greenway! Pirate Park is so neat for the kids! We have been to the Rec Center Pool many times and have had Rileys birthday party there twice now, but we haven’t ever been back to the park! very cool. Riley had a blast! Walked the greenway and saw a turtle, many birds, lots of butterflies, a snake and a rabbit.
My sister and I and the girls went to Ulta today. I was carrying Ella, my purse, the diaper bag and holding Riley’s hand. When I walked in I realized they had no shopping carts and I thought hmmm yes this will be fun for me. Very relaxing, I will calmly be able to find the make up i’m looking for. yeah no. Riley tested EVERY product in there and was literally covered in make up. all over her face, hands, legs, shirt. The lady was like ummm can I help you ladies with something? I was like yeah can you just hold my kids for like 15 minutes. K thanks.
So a couple of recipes! I hope you can follow this –
Shepard’s Pie Stuffed Potatoes
- ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion (brown, white or yellow), diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups frozen mixed vegetables (pea, corn, carrots) (or fresh) – I used 1 can of peas and I chopped up some baby carrots
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup beef stock/broth
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire – (this stuff makes it so add a little more if you want!) I added a ton lol.
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed clean (about 400g/13oz each)
- ½ to 1 cup milk (full or low fat)
- 2 tbsp butter (optional – but highly recommended)
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350F.
Prepare the Potatoes and Mash
- Stab the potatoes with a fork (about 6 times on each potato) and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Then turn and microwave for a further 5 minutes. Pierce with a knife to check if they are cooked. Make sure they are soft!
- Remove from microwave, Cut off the tops and scoop out the center using a spoon, leaving a fairly thin skin.
- Place the potato scooped out in a bowl. Add milk, butter and salt and mash with a potato masher until smooth, or to your liking.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sautee for 2 minutes until softened.
- Turn up heat to high. Add mince beef (ground beef) and cook, breaking up the mince as you go, until nicely browned and cooked about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over flour and stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to simmer and continue to stir until the sauce is thick and glossy around 2 minutes.
- pour in Worcestershire sauce
- Fill each potato with the Filling so it is slightly heaped. Push down lightly to pack the filling in well.
- Pipe over the mashed potato, or scoop it on with a spoon then fluff it up with a fork. You probably won’t use all of it so you can save the remainder or serve it on the side.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the mashed potato is starting to brown on the ridges
Italian Chicken Stuffed Shells
4 Chicken breasts – Italian seasoning – 2 jars red sauce of your choice – mozzarella cheese – shredded parmesan cheese – large pasta shells – salt & pepper.
IN CROCK POT
spray crock pot with pam. First I seasoned both sides of all 4 chicken breasts with my Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. then I placed them in crock pot. I poured 1 jar of red sauce in the crock pot over chicken. Let cook on low for 4-5 hours, keep checking your chicken, once cooked thoroughly, start shredding your chicken with a fork while it is in crock pot. Then prepare your shells. Once cooked al dente drain and place in a large bowl off to side. Once shells have cooled, start stuffing them with the filling that is in the crock pot. Ricotta cheese would DEFINITELY help this recipe and help hold the shells together but I forgot to buy it that night and just did with out. so take a spoon and start carefully dipping out the chicken and red sauce out of the crockpot and putting into the shell. place the shells one by one carefully in a casserole dish sitting up right as best as you can. once all the shells are stuffed, carefully pour the 2nd jar of red sauce around the shells in the dish. Then sprinkle the entire dish with all the cheese. I used half a bag of mozzarella and a whole bag of parmesan. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. let cool and serve with garlic bread. yum!
Ham & swiss roll ups
- 3/4 lb Deli ham
- 1 tbsp Dijon or grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 can Pizza dough, refrigerated – I used crescent dough and it made it a little fluffier.
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds – (didn’t use.)
- 1 stick Butter
- 12 slices Deli swiss cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350*F, and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a cutting board, sprinkle with flour, and roll out to 13×18 inches.
- Layer on the ham first, and then the cheese, leaving a little room at the edges.
- Roll up the pizza roll, jelly roll style (starting with the long side), as tightly as you can, pressing the edge to seal when you reach the end.
- Slice the roll into 12 1-inch slices, and place in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and poppy seeds. Whisk over medium heat until the mixture is bubbly and smooth. Pour the butter mixture over the tops of the ham and cheese rolls in the pan.
- At this point, you can either bake them up right away or cover them and pop them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
- When ready to bake, uncover the rolls and place the dish in the preheated oven. Bake until rolls are puffed, browned, and sauce is bubbly, about 25-30 minutes.
Chicken & rice bake
1 pack boneless chicken thighs – 1 can golden mushroom soup – 2 cans cream of chicken – 1/2 cup of milk – 1/2 stick of butter – 4 cups rice – olive oil- – seasonings of choice – I used lemon pepper, Italian & lawrys.
Add golden mushroom soup and both cans of cream of chicken in pot and heat, add milk and butter and salt and pepper. Then I put about 3/4 cup of olive in a skillet and tossed my chicken breast in it. fully covering in olive oil, then seasoned them and tossed in skillet until good and browned. I prepared the rice like it said on the box and I pour the cooked rice in a casserole dish covering the whole dish. Once my chicken thighs were browned I placed them on top of the rice. Then I poured my heated soup mixture over top of chicken and rice. I seasoned the top and put in the oven on 350 for about 35 minutes. My oven cooks hot and strange sometimes so I had to keep checking on it. Make sure chicken is cooked through! let cool and scoop out deliciousness onto your plate.
Italian chicken & potatoes-
so I have some more recipes to add but we will wait on those. If you have any questions let me know. Half the time im winging it in the kitchen and I’m having trouble remembering what I even did in half of this stuff.
yeah I’m pretty sure my Ulta trip today earned me at least 4 glasses.
yep. We will start with 4. bye!